STUDENT AFFAIRS AND SERVICES CENTER
The office serves as the official medium of communication between the student body and the College; and the general public on matters concerning student development, student welfare, student activities, and student discipline.
It is open from Mondays to Fridays at 8AM to 5PM and Saturdays at 8AM-12NN. It is also open for any teleconsultations or inquiry via online platforms.
Its main objectives are:
- Total development of the student for academic excellence, personal development, leadership and social responsibility in accordance with the College’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives;
- Provision of opportunities for students’ active participation and involvement in the life and activities of the academic community as well as of the wider Community; and the
- Promotion of the code of conduct necessary for discipline in an academic community; leading to the acceptance and positive responses to the College’s objectives.
Regular programs and e-services:
- Student Welfare – provide basic services and programs needed to ensure and promote student well-being.
- Information and Orientation Service – provision of comprehensive information guidelines for the students’ adjustment and transition to higher education.
- Regular and e-Guidance Services – facilitation of the individual’s awareness to discover one’s self and in making rightful choices to achieve an end goal.
- Student Development Programs and Services – supervision of the activities of the different student organizations and the student council activities to enhance and deepen students’ leadership skills and social responsibility. It also covers the governing of students’ behaviors and conduct through abiding school policies and regulations.
- Student Organization – recognition and monitoring of student groups and their activities.
- Student Activities – programs and opportunities to promote one’s strength and potential that is aligned to the institution’s goals and objectives.
- Prefect of Discipline – governs student conduct through the implementation of institutional rules and regulations. Provides regular and e-grievance services.
- Institutional Program – services that respond proactively to needs and concerns of students.
- Admission and Testing – processing of students’ application and requirements and the administration of psychological tests.
- Scholarships and other Financial Assistance– allocation of financial aids to deserving students and other grantees.
- Regular and e-Student Helpdesk – facilitation of assistance and concerns of students.
- Community Extension Services – opportunities to develop social program and awareness.
- Student Organizations
- Student Organization
The Gullas College of Medicine promotes environment of fairness by allowing students to organize and express themselves freely and responsibly. Student organizations are considered as part of the support system of students and the College to advance the best interest of the student populace.
- Supreme Student Council (SSC)
A student-run organization established under the authority of the College to look into the welfare of the student-body of the Gullas College of Medicine.
- Student Organized Groups
Agile Service through Reliable Advocates or also known as A.S.T.R.A
To upgrade the quality of life of future physicians that: PROMOTES GLOBAL COMPETENCE, ENHANCES multicultural collaboration and INTEGRATES values formation.
Unleash the potential of future physicians through sharing and learning in multicultural organizations that engages in solidarity among cultures, research and medical and social knowledge, skills and services for the betterment of medical student’s and people’s lives.
To upgrade the quality of life of future physicians that: PROMOTES GLOBAL COMPETENCE, ENHANCES multicultural collaboration and INTEGRATES values formation. ASTRA is student-led internationally-affiliated advocacy organization under Asian Medical Students’ Association- Philippines (AMSA-Phil), Asian Medical Students’ Association- International (AMSA- International) and the International Federation of Medical Students’ Association (IFMSA).
ASTRA has 6 standing committees namely, the Standing Committee on Medical Education (SCOME), Standing Committee on Public Health (SCOPH), Standing Committee on Professional Exchange (SCOPE), Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace (SCORP), Standing Committee on Reproductive Health including HIV and AIDS (SCORA), and AMSEP or the Asian Medical Students’ Exchange Program.
What are the projects I can expect from ASTRA?
- Recruitment and General Assembly
- Seminar and Workshops on Skills and Medical Missions
- Advocacy and Infographics from the different Standing Committees
- Activities Promoting Personal Well-being and Professional Development
- Charity and Community Work
- Cultural and Professional Exchange Programs
What are my privileges if I become part of ASTRA?
- Invited to all ASTRA events and all its affiliated organizations (AMSA PH, AMSA Int., IFMSA)
- Entitled to apply and attend ASTRA Medical Missions and Conferences
- Entitled to apply and participate in Professional and Cultural Exchange Programs
- Entitled to participate and compete in local and international conferences and competitions held by AMSA and partner organizations
Medical Exemplars Dedicated to Service (MEDS)
MEDS is an organization created by goal driven and service-oriented individuals. Founded on March 1, 2014 by Dr. Abdulrauf Sala. What we do: as heart dominant individuals we instill camaraderie and bring a driving desire to translate our passion and mission into reality.
The Medical Exemplars Dedicated to Service Organization believes that with considerable benefits are to be obtained from a collaboration of medical students with the same vision of promoting camaraderie, unity, workmanship, kindliness and excellence while developing each individual’s character and utmost potential, do ordain and establish the constitution.
In its core, this organization believes in the individual talents and abilities of all human beings. Thus, the purpose of MEDS as an institution is to hone the skills of all its members regardless of their religious, political, gender or racial affiliation with the ultimate goal of rendering competent service to humanity.
Kindly sign up on this link (no available data)
For inquiries email us at: email@example.com
Visit our FB page: facebook.com/medicalexemplarsdedicatedtoservice
Activities for this year:
- Orientation of MEDS
- SARS-COV2 Vaccine Discovery: Design and Serendipity Webinar
- Recruitment/ giving of Application Form
- Virtual Acquaintance Party/ Turnover of the officers
- Gullas Intramurals
- Launching of Merch
- E-Zumba na yan!
- Submission of application form
- General Orientation for neophytes
- 1st week of initiation for neophytes
- Donation Drives
- MEDS exclusive virtual
- Christmas party c/o neophytes
- Team building
- Outreach Program
- Valentine’s Day and Students Day
- Yearly Valentines raffle
- Final rites for neophytes
- Year End Party
Accomplishments and Achievements:
- Go an Extra Mile for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Gasa sa Gugma 2019
- Christmas Party 2019
- Cebu Medical Society Inter-school Quiz Bowl 2018 2nd placer
- Miss APMC Visayas 2019
- National Regional Elections 2019
- Medical Mission in Cebu Tzu Chi Foundation
- World Aids Awareness Day
- Donation Drive to Vicente Sotto Medical Memorial Center
- Medical Mission in Labangon
- Medical Surgical Dental Mission in Lahug
- Medical Surgical Dental Mission in Tabuelan
- Donation Drive for Tipolo, Mandaue
- Support for PLE Board Takers
EPSILON SIGMA PHI – MEDICAL SOCIETY INCORPORATED
Epsilon Sigma Phi is the oldest organization at UV-GCM. It was founded on January 31, 1999 at St. Vincent Hospital, Osmeña Boulevard, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines and has continued to give its service to the student body, the faculty, and the community for more than 21 years. And we proudly proclaim that we are the only organization in UV-GCM who has medical students, senior clerks, PGIs and consultants among our ranks. We are ESP.
The purpose of organizing this society is to promote fraternity & solidarity through socio-academic activities; To encourage students and support students in the pursuit of excellence in individual & organizational performance; To organize and spearhead medical missions and community outreach programs.
VISAYAN INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS FOR CHRIST
The Visayan International Friends for Christ is an organization founded in November 2016 working with the following
To see the seed of the knowledge of Saviour Jesus Christ that’s planted into the lost students of GCM and lost people around the locality of GCM being sprouted either in days or month or years yet ultimately leading them towards the eternity that is in store for those who acknowledge him wholeheartedly.
To know the word, do the word and make known the word. (John 8: 32, James 1: 22, Matt 28: 18-20)
- Everyday Class prayer
- Weekly Bible study
- small group prayer
- Monthly Fellowships
- Medical Missions and social services
For any interested students to join, kindly email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 09321124721.
You may visit our facebook page: facebook.com/vifcgcm
- ATMIA EDUCATION
CEO: DR. CHIRAG HASMUKH VAGHELA
- NEOLIFE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION PVT LTD.
Founder and CEO: DR. HERALD SEKAR MILLER
- VISAYAS EDUCATION, PVT., LTD.
CEO: MR. SUNDHARALINGAM RAMESH ISU is committed to supporting domestic and international students as they pursue academic goals in the current pandemic context. For the latest information and updates for students please visit: MSTEAMS: STUDENT AFFAIRS AND SERVICES CENTER (SASC) – International Student Unit (ISU) Channel.
Initiatives remain open to support students virtually. Email and video/audio conference appointments are available during business hours. Please email: email@example.com to schedule an appointment or contact: mobile / whatsapp: (+63) 995-856-9440 for urgent /emergencies.